Winking Owl Merlot

 Winking Owl Merlot

This Winking Owl Merlot is from California and is Aldi's brand of wine. It does not have a vintage year written anywhere on the bottle or online. It is also the cheapest wine I could find nearby at $3.

At first sniff, this wine gave me intense coffee scents and other notes of black cherry and chocolate. When tasting the wine it was very sweet to the point I considered it too sweet while having almost no acidity to me as well. The flavors it gave off were very fruity and of dark berries or fruit such as blackberries, There were also some hints of coffee/chocolate with a tad bit of oakiness. I tried this wine with parmesan and all in all it paired well and decreased the sweetness considerably, but I would rather drink any other wine I've ever had over this one for a higher price.



Compare my taste to Others:

https://www.vivino.com/US-VA/en/winking-owl-merlot/w/1144178






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cardwell Hill Estate Pinot Gris

Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz

Chocolate (The Chocolate Lover's Wine)